Betty Ann Ross, Just Who Is That Woman

DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS - Betty Ann Ross, Just Who Is That Woman

Hello everybody. Yesterday, I discovered DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS - Betty Ann Ross, Just Who Is That Woman. Which is very helpful to me therefore you. Betty Ann Ross, Just Who Is That Woman

The following speech, Betty Ann Ross, Just Who Is that Woman, was given before Will Rogers Toastmaster Club on August 29, 2006.

What I said. It just isn't the conclusion that the actual about DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS . You check out this article for info on anyone want to know is DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS .

DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS

December 26, 1994, I was living in a small apartment on the south side of Pryor, Oklahoma, attempting to recover from an emotional 15-year marriage when the phone rang on the wall covering the kitchen door. I wasn’t expecting a call and was very surprised by what the caller had to say. Bill, one of the men that worked for me said a woman called him and asked him to give me her phone number.

I belief that was a petite strange and let the amount lay around a few days before finally making the call on December 30, 1994. The ensuing conversation was my first encounter with Betty Ann Ross. The next morning we met in her dining room and shared a cinnamon roll with a cup of coffee and discussed the New Year’s Eve Dance at the Pryor Elks Lodge. I was a petite surprised when Betty asked me if I would like to go then doubly surprised when she asked me if it was all right for her mum to go along. She said her father had passed away a few years ago and her mum lived alone. Of course I had no question with her mum going and said so. But if the events played out as Betty proposed then I suppose one could say that the dance would not be our first date, unless of course, one considered Betty’s mum as being our chaperon.

In the ten-year plus span of time since that unusual phone call I have learned a lot about myself, also that gorgeous lady. We’ve kind of grown together. But, as in any association or marriage, there are things that are best left alone.

Having said that, I’m sure there are those of you that would immediately become inquisitive and wonder what I mean by ‘things that are best left alone’. I could of course spend the next hour telling you about all the good Betty has brought to my life but this evening I want to deviate off the beaten path and share with you a combine of things that happened while we were getting started.

Right out of the bag, the day after the New Years Eve dance, Betty suggested I take some dancing lessons. And hearing her say that, I suppose she wasn’t that impressed with my dancing prowess but I didn’t have a question taking the lessons. In fact I belief it would be fun.

Later I was just getting started with a three-month session when Betty and I attended a Wednesday night dance at the Home Builders in Tulsa. Betty didn’t think it was appropriate to take my pickup to a big band dance so we took her red Cadillac. Inside we danced any dances together, made some new friends and had a great time.

Afterward we exited back to the parking lot and Betty clicked her remote and headed off toward a red Cadillac parked on the right side. At the same time I heard a double beeping sound on the left side and started to go there but finding Betty headed toward the right I went along with her.

The next few seconds we both tried unsuccessfully to break into an additional one couple’s red Cadillac then I remembered the beeping sound had come from the opposite direction. I mentioned that to Betty and she wiped her brow then grinned sheepishly as we exchanged glances across the top of the car. “Oh!” she said.

Over the next few months it became easily apparent that the both of us were very conservative with our money. Betty must have had that on her mind one evening at the Elks Lodge because she said something about me being tight. I wasn’t upset by her comment but did ask her to explain. She sat back in her chair and gestured around the table where any of our friends sat and said, “Well, I would like to see you buy a round of drinks, just one time!”

A year later we were at the Elks Lodge again and I bought every person a drink that was seated around the bar. Betty turned around and stared at me. She said, “What did you do that for?” I got a petite irritated with her and said, “Betty, you wanted me to buy a round of drinks and I bought a round of drinks, and now you want to chastise me for buying a round of drinks!” She just glared at me. “Yes, but it’s been a year now and you’re still buying a round of drinks!”

That same year on a Saturday afternoon we were watching the Oklahoma and Texas football game from her living room. All of a sudden my pager went off and I went to the phone and called the plant and learned that some tool was down and the shift foreman needed my help. I told Betty I would be back in a few minutes and to let me know how the game ended. She said she would and I left.

A combine of hours later I came back and asked her about the game and she said Texas won. The next morning we drove to a local bistro to read the Sunday paper and have some morning meal and I immediately saw on the front page that Oklahoma had won the football game. I glanced over at Betty. “I belief you said Texas won the game.” She glanced up from the women’s section of the paper. “They did win, didn’t they?” “No!” I said, and showed her the score. “Oh!” She said. “I suppose I should have watched the rest of the game.”

But Betty also had a easily funny side to her and I want to quit up by telling you about one of those. We had been married about a year and were on a road trip up north when Betty got up early one morning and started stirring around in the room. I was half asleep and didn’t pay that much concentration but I could smell the aroma of coffee brewing and it smelled good.

A few minutes later I heard the coffee pot sputter in its final stages of percolation then heard the sound of coffee being poured. In just seconds I heard Betty say, “Honey, you want a cup of coffee?” I immediately threw back the covers and sat up like a rake person had stepped on and saw Betty standing there beside the bed with the most insidious grin on her face, and without a stitch of clothes on her body. “This is Hooter’s Plus,” she said, offering a hot steaming cup of fresh coffee in her outstretched hand.

I hope you obtain new knowledge about DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS . Where you possibly can put to utilization in your life. And most importantly, your reaction is passed about DINING ROOM CHAIR COVERS .

No comments:

Post a Comment